What the Hell?

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day One

Yesterday was day one of my new Weight Watchers journey. I'm not going to gush all about how excited I am and how wonderful it is and how great it is to begin this next step, because to be honest, it SUCKS and is a hate crime of the highest class.

I hate dieting. Hate. It. But, I'm what they call a slow loser, fast gainer. Meaning, I can lose 1 pound a month on a diet, but when I'm not dieting, I easily gain 5 pounds a month. Since having gastric bypass (that never worked, by the way), I have the metabolism of a sloth.

I haven't been dieting for a few months now, and needless to say, I have gained A LOT of weight. So, back onto something I go.

Day one: I starved to death all day. I had a headache, a faceache, and a stomach ache. I felt sluggish and tired and dopey. I was angry for having to diet and sad at the number on my scale.

Day One, later: I tentatively take out my scale and stare at it with contempt. I don't see HOW the weigh in I had this morning can be right. If it matches what I'm about to see now, then I'll accept it.

Day One, a few seconds after that: This weigh in shows seven pounds less. Excellent! I should have only cried for 30 minutes instead of 37! Yes! But, boy do I still have my work cut out for me. I am going to cheat and not update my first weigh in so it will look like I lost a bunch the first week. Cheater! :)

Day one, evening: My stomach hurts so bad I might die. My head is going to explode and I am out of points. I did exercise, at least. Hooray for me.

Day one, night: I didn't snack even though I wanted to. I should get my cross stitch started to keep occupied. I feel sick, tired, and cranky.

That concludes day one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home