What the Hell?

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Me and Jeff down at the Gym

Went and worked out again today. I'm buff now. I'm ripped. This was my 2nd day. I got there shortly before my new friend Jeff got there. He's the one that works there and walked me through the whole process and the paperwork. Ol' Jeff. Still handsome as he was, um...2 days ago. He was running on the treadmill next to me. He even spoke to me. Jeff. Whatta guy.

I'm getting better at these machines. The Arc machine is my favorite. Kinda like an elliptical, but easier on the old joints. I spent another 20 minutes on that bastard, all the while watching SportsCenter on ESPN. Love the football. I was a seasoned pro at the weight machines. I actually did them RIGHT this time. The leg extensions were hard. Believe. It took me like, 10 minutes to do 20 extensions. I was resting between reps. Or maybe slipping into a coma between reps. You decide. I was so exhausted! My muscles were filled with lacatic acid and I was totally floppy. I could barely get into my truck afterwards, I am so buff. Stupid as it sounds, I feel sort of empowered by this gym membership thing. Like I have a purpose and am really serious about getting into shape. It's kind of making me exercise. I have a ton of equipment downstairs, but I'm not paying for it, so there's no motivation. I just feel motivated this time. I'll see how it pans out.

Tomorrow is the holiday party at my work. That should be interesting. The company shells out a tremendous amount of dollars for fancy drinks and hor d'ouvers and people sit around and make dainty conversation about dainty subjects. One of these years, I want to see someone get wasted and start dancing on the tables or something. (please don't let it be me. please don't let it be me. pleasedon'tletitbeme.) I need things to be revved up a little. Maybe reveal some dirt on who is sleeping with who. (Ew, but statistically likely.) Maybe things are better left unknown.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home