What the Hell?

Friday, December 09, 2005

Jeff, I hear you Callin'....'-)

Went to the gym today. It was me and Jeff. He was working on the computer and manning the phone. I was on the arc trainer, sweating like a pig, watching "Run's House" on MTV. I had my headphones blasting, and I was reading a book. That's real easy.

Jeff and I actually had a conversation today. Here's how it went: (This is actual, verbatim conversation).

Angie is on the arc trainer, with six minutes left of a 25 minute workout. She has a book in one hand, and the other hand is resting on the handle of the machine, so she doesn't fall on the floor.

Jeff is sitting in a folding chair in front of the computer. He is the first to speak.
"Do you ka;dlkfaj;eoiruqe?"

Angie can't hear him because her headphones are on pretty loud to drown out the crap they have piped over the speakers in the gym. "What's that?" she says, ripping off her headphone. Jeff is SPEAKING to her!

Jeff: "Do you smell something weird?"

Angie: "No. Like what?"

Jeff: "I don't know. Just a weird smell. I could smell it when I got in this morning. You can't smell anything?"

Angie: "No. The equipment might be the reason. Sometimes this new rubber on the equipment stinks. We got a new treadmill a year ago and it smells like vegetable soup."

Jeff: "Okay. Maybe it's just me."

Angie. "Probably not, but I didn't notice anything when I came in."

That, my friends, was the conversation. How romantic was that?? I kept at the rest of my workout, and was about screaming with laughter inside because of this conversation. The first personal conversation Jeff and I have, and it starts off with, "Do you smell something weird?" Ha!!!! What a scream!!!! So, I got done with my workout and told Jeff that I was done for the day. He said, "Cool. Have a good rest of the day." I just had to share this because it was so ludicrous. Thank God I'm already married, because if I had to rely on conversations like that to get to know people, I'd be screwed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home